November 2021 saw our green army travelling far and wide to represent the club across a wide range of events including QTS Round 3 at Robina, SEQ Trail Series, Hervey Bay 100 and Bribie Triathlon Series Race.
A special mention to the following athletes who podiumed in their races:
- Khloe Healy – 1st in AG at Hervey Bay 100
- Matt Thompson – 2nd in AG at Hervey Bay 100
- Tom Ronnfeldt – 3rd in AG at Hervey Bay 100
- Darren Earle – 2nd in AG at QTS Round 3 (Robina) Olympic Distance
- James Carty – 2nd in AG at Bribie Tri Series (short course)
- Heather Farrell – 2nd in AG at Bribie Tri Series (short course)
- Paul Ripka – 3rd in AG at Bribie Tri Series (short course)
- Sarah Carty – 3rd in AG at Bribie Tri Series (short course)
Shout outs also go to:
- A genuinely amazing performance from Khloe Healy at Hervey Bay 100 held on Sunday 21 November. Khloe had the fastest female AG split on the swim and the bike and had built up a big enough lead to nurse a still recovering ankle through the run and be the fastest female AG by around 5 minutes and 6th female overall.
- Nicci Vinson showed amazing club spirit at the Hervey Bay 100. Fi was about ready to call it at the start of the last 6km lap, but Nicci convinced her to keep going by running the whole last lap alongside Fi! An amazing effort to get it done in super tough conditions.